Bont Patriot Long track skates
Bont Patriot Long track boots and Bont M3 long track clap
The long track speed skating Patriot boot uses Bonts' unique pressure wrap system that removes more excess resin than any other carbon lay-up technique. It is fully heat moldable with a lot of thermoplastic in the support.Features
- Base: 100% hand laid fiberglass
- Outer skin: Matte microfiber
- Liner: Microfiber
- Pitch: 12mm
- Innersole: EVA thermo-moldable
- Heat moldable: Fully heat moldable base utilizing epoxy thermoset resin
- Padding: Soft density memory foam
- Closing options: Lace cover
- Fit options: Standard, narrow and wide
- Vegan: Yes
*Note, US blade mounting is 165mm. Euro Separation means that each boot has a different mounting. Please make sure you know which blades you have or are buying to make sure they match. If the distance of the mounting on the blade is not 165mm, then please order Euro Separation.
Consistency has been the focus when creating our ice speed skating blades. Machining time is expensive and blade manufacturers grind the steel in batches at high speeds to reduce costs. This results in the steel warping due to the high temperature of the grinding stone grinding the steel. Our aim for the GT3 and the Platinum was to make every blade the same so we purchased the best grinding stones from Germany and we slowly grind one set of steel blades at a time. This is an extremely slow process with higher costs but the result is steel that has no warping. All skaters, not just Olympians, should enjoy perfect blades. However, we didn't stop with the grinding. We looked at the other aspects of making the blade even more perfect. We developed a new stronger glue that allowed us to reduce the tube slot width by 0.1mm. The tube slot needs a certain amount of room for the glue on either side of the blade. The greater the gap, the more chance the steel has to warp while the glue sets. By reducing this gap, we improved the consistency of the straightness of the blade after gluing. Lastly, we invested heavily in jigs. Each blade is clamped in 9 locations while it sets and we let the blades set for 14 hours until the glue has fully cured. This means that we can only make a few sets of blades per day, but each set is perfect.
Aluminum tubes do not like to be bent. They always spring back to the straight position. To solve this problem, we have two solutions:
- We make the tube out of an aluminum that is more likely to stay bent than other brands of blades.
- We cut the slot for the steel blade in the aluminum tube on a slight bend. The tube is straight but the steel blade is already on a slight curve. This curve is slight and you will still need to bend the blade more to get the optimum bend to suit your radius. However, you now only need to bend the aluminum tube a very small amount to get your optimum bend. This small amount of tube bending is not enough to stress the tube and the result is a blade that holds it's bend for a much longer period. Some skaters may never need to re-bend their blades.
Clap frame. (Mention frame color in comments section of online order)
The Bont M3 long track clap ice blade is a great entry-level long track ice speed skating blade. The clap mechanism uses a strong spring and the blade is built to last. The steel is 58 Rockwell which is a good entry-level steel that is easy to sharpen and is not too brittle so it should be able to withstand minor crashes.
Long track ice speed skating is an enjoyable winter sport and the Bont M3 long track clap blade will give you years of enjoyment for ice skating on a 400m track on a frozen lake or river.
4 36 232
4.5 36.5 235
5 37 237
5.5 37.5 242
6 38 247
6.5 38.5 250
7 39 257
7.5 40 264
8 41 271
9 42 280
9.5 43 287
10 44 292
10.5 45 296
11 46 300
11.5 47 304
12 48 308
12.5 49 313
13 50 316
13.5 51 320